Archive for May, 2010
The assignment for today, in addition to doing your journals is to write an Artist Statement.
Here are ten examples of different Artist Statements:
A great tutorial that offers tips on how to write an Artist Statement, with examples.
Do your voting here
For this challenge, we had a famous photograph in one panel, and the student’s attempt at interpreting that shot in the other panel. Let them know where they succeeded and what they could improve on.
Do your voting here
Photo One: Portfolio Assignment
For all of you seniors out there our Final Project will be due next week.
It should be on a WordPress Blog. (http://wordpress.com if you haven’t made one yet)This makes it easier for you meet the requirements below. If you can meet the requirements below, then so be it.
This Blog will have one main page, and link to different posts, similar to a magazine.
Have one main image on the main page, an image 700 by 600 tall with your artist statement, and links to header pages.
Each of the headers will be on separate pages:
Portraits, Landscape, Nature, Series, Flash Fiction, Statement
Or anything similar to these.
All of the assignments below must be underneath one of the headers above:
- Symmetry – All Three
- Photo Journalism, written and photos in a combined post.
- Flash Fiction One written with your Flash Fiction picture
- Famous Photographer
- An Other Work Header, with at least five of your favorite images that don’t fit into any of the other categories.
- Your Best Five photos in a header called “Best Work”
- Artist Statement, tutorial link <a href="“>here and http://www.artistsfoundation.org/art_pages/resources/resources_arts_statement.htm“>here
- A link to your flickr account
- A link to Strongphotography.wordpress.com
- A link to wolfpackreview.wordpress.com
- A link to immunemedia.com
In addition to this, you must have the following:
A professional looking theme, find the themes under Appearance/themes on the WordPress Dashboard.
A banner with your first and last name at the top. You don’t have to design a custom banner, but your first and last name must be prominently displayed.
for more of an example of what I am looking for, look here.
Due Wednesday June 2nd for period 1 , June 3rd for period 4th for Seniors, Due on June 11th for the rest of you.
HOW TO TURN IT IN:
Post the URL (Weblink) as a comment to this page, with your first and last name attached. http://strongphotography.wordpress.com/09-10b/