Make your images of buildings and streets look like a fake model.
Archive for October 6th, 2008
For today’s lesson, use the tutorial on creating a fake model look on one picture you have with a buildings or objects on it. The goal is to create the same look in your picture that they create in the tutorial. Once you have completed the tutorial, start work on the journal below.
1. What types of architecture have you been drawn to or interested in?
2. How could you use today’s tutorial and combine it with your interest in architecture?
3. What did you learn as a result of doing the advertising project?
4. You haven’t finished it yet? Then by all means, get it together, start by looking for a cool font!
For today’s journal you will do two things.
Step One Go to this website and find the three combinations of aperture and shutter speed that yield the best results.
Example: Three of the aperture and shutter speed combinations were 1/4 of a second at F 2.8
Tell me the three best combinations of aperture and shutter speed.
2. What did you notice when the shutter speed (length of time) increased?
3. What did you notice about the aperture as the aperture number increased?
Read the portion under the heading: Depth of Field and Aperture
Then tell me
1. What is Large Depth of Field?
2. What is Narrow Depth of Field?
3. When would you want to use Large Depth of Field and when would you want to use Narrow Depth of Field?